Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Pumpkin Spice & Fuzzy Boots

All month long I have been blessed with a newsfeed on Facebook full of people displaying gratitude for things in their life: their families, their homes, their friends, even circumstances that may not have once seemed like the greatest thing. I opted out of the "30 Days of Thankful" this year, not because I am not thankful, but simply because I have been focusing on so many other things that I did not want to commit to another daily task, although I am sure it would have been uplifting during these busy times to do so! I look forward to a long weekend ahead of me, today I have spent a lot of time in reflection of all the ways that God has blessed me, some of His ways have been mysterious and confusing, while others were direct and explicit. I am thankful for both categories.

In category 1: I have dealt with some setbacks. A personal lawsuit. A busy schedule so I rarely see my husband. An hour cut at my nine-to-five. However, all of those things intertwined together and I saw that it was finally time to work on answering that call God has been trying to put through for years. Thus, I got serious about doula-ing.

In category 2: I have a beautiful family. A loving church. A warm home. Friends, so many loving and dear friends. Most recently, a new job that is going to change a lot in our life in a great way. 

Sometimes I think that we go through those things in category 1 to appreciate category 2, sometimes I think its to make room for category 2, a means to an end. Then, sometimes I realize I do not understand God's ways and I shouldn't! He has a plan in store for me far greater than I could plan, so I try to sit back and go with it, listening to Him intently.

Anyway, on a sillier note, here are some concrete things on my thankful list. No, I don't have my own Doula, but I really hope that I can make other women's list in that spot! Through joy and support I hope to be a Doula that families are thankful for.

If that doesn't work, here is a fabulous Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats recipe that is a favorite of mine in this fall weather!

You Need:
  • 1/4 C. Oats (I prefer steel-cut)
  • 1/4 C.Pumpkin Puree
  • 1/2 C. Almond Milk 
  • 1 tsp. Honey (or to taste)
  • Pinch of Cinnamon, Ginger, and Nutmeg
  • Pecans or Walnuts (optional)
You Do:
  • Whisk together the pumpkin puree and almond milk
  • Slowly add in honey
  • Pinch in spices (now is a good time to test taste your ratios!)
  • Fold in oats and stir until fully coated
  • Cover bowl and leave in fridge overnight
  • Enjoy with nut topping!

Kindly, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment