Tuesday, October 13, 2015

What does Fruitful Joy mean?

I am passionately pursing the birthing arts and sciences! As a child I knew that I wanted to be somewhere  in the medical field, but for years I could not figure out exactly where. After an incredible experience with my local Midwife team I knew I finally found my niche. I had my first daughter two semesters shy of graduating with my bachelor's degree in Biology at Purdue University and by the time my revelation presented itself it was too late to switch majors. I found myself searching for someway to get into the field of natural birthing, to help other women have the empowering and joyous experience that I did... And then someone told me I should become a doula.

So here I am, 27 years old and so excited to begin this journey, hand in squeezed-to-the-point-of-crush-fractured hand with some marvelous women in the Lafayette, Indiana area! The name of this blog, and perhaps my future doula (midwife?!) business may be obvious at the surface, but I've spent a lot of time thinking about it. Fruitful Joy: is it kitschy? cheesey? Maybe. But when I think of the process of labor and delivery, my memories from my daughters' births I don't think of the pain or the fear, although those emotions were absolutely there! I think of the overwhelming joy that I felt! And through that joy, I hope to produce even more joy in the women I get  to support through their experiences. I hope that my joy is fruitful for all the women that trust me in their most vulnerable and special moments, and I am so honored at that opportunity!


0 comments:

Post a Comment